Immediations is a seven year international research project supported by a partnership grant from the SSHRC. The projects aim to reconsider the roles creative practice play in the production and dissemination of knowledge. It is led by Prof. Erin Manning at Concordia University, and builds on the Montreal based Senselab. network. Partner universities and researchers are in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia. In Melbourne, the partners are RMIT University (Pia Ednie-Brown and Lyndal Jones) and Deakin University (Jondi Keane). Many other researchers in Melbourne and Australia have also been active participants in the Immediations network. More information about the project can be found here.
Activities related to the project occur all year across all locations, punctuated with biannual gatherings involving all hubs. In November/December 2014, the first international gathering occurred in Australia.
Events involving the Melbourne group, and feeding into the Immediations project, have been:
- Building Movements – a project that began in 2013 with a workshop and exhibition partially supported by Immediations through a residency for Scott Andrew Elliott (Aalto University, Helsinki). to spend time in Melbourne collaborating with us.
- Australian Hub workshop at RMIT’s Design Hub, April 26-27, 2014
- Avoca event, November 22 to 26, 2014
- Knotspace event, COFA, December 8 to 13, 2014
- Picnic at Hanging Rock, February 14, 2015.
- Avery Green, 2015-2016.
- The Crew, 2016